Tuesday, December 25, 2007

8 Things About Me...

Sandra Dodd tagged me with this, and the only real reason that I haven't posted it is that I couldn't think of 8 more people to tag! I am not online too much anymore since I don't have internet at home, and most of the people whose blogs that I read have been tagged recently. I decided that I was just procrastinating though, so here goes!


1. I like being tagged. I am not very social, and it reminds me that there are other people in the world and that I really like keeping in touch with the world, when I do it.


2. I love giving gifts. I love buying, finding, or making them, deciding what someone will like, wrapping them, everything. I just love the whole process (except mailing, I am terrible about that!)


3. I love tattoos. I want a 3/4 sleeve one day.


4. I always wanted to be an artist, a working artist. When I was a teenager and thought about stay-at-home moms, I thought No Way! I could never do that. I would hate it! Well, now I would love to be able to stay with Richard all of the time. My job allows me to be with him more than most working moms, but it is never enough for me.


5. I am a terrible procrastinator. I keep telling my self that I am going to be better, but I haven't been. I have gifts that I bought last Christmas that I haven't mailed yet (see #2).


6. Besides my son, my brother and sister-in-law are the two people that I admire the most. They are the most true and honest people that I know. I am glad to have them in my life, and especially glad that they are here in Alamogordo where they can be a good influence on me!


7. I purchased my own house last year. I never thought that I would be where I am in my life. I am a single unschooling mom, who owns a house. I never thought that I would be able to do that!


8. I have 8 cats, 2 dogs, one frog, 2 turtles, and many guppies, who are mainly food for the frog.


That was harder than I thought! Fun though.

The "rules":
* link to the person who tagged you
* post the rules
* name 8 things others don’t know about you
* link to 8 other bloggers


Here are my links:

Ironwood Farm Project
Our Hapa Home
Learning in Freedom
Bodhicitta
ZenmommasGarden
Wistful Wanderlust
Five Free Birds
Organic Learning

5 comments:

Ren Allen said...

I could have posted several of these myself. We won't talk about the procrastination thing (I have Christmas gifts sitting in the garage waiting to be mailed...sigh).:)

Oh, and we have a bunch of guppies too, but only two kitties now (down from five).

I love reading memes and getting to know the quirky facts about people.

When did you live in Squarebanks?

Katy said...

I actually never lived there, that was before I was born. :-)
My mom grew up there and met my dad there. They moved from Alaska in 1965.

Heidi Snavley said...

Okay, well I just answered my own question, that I posted on my blog, about where you live. We loved Alamagordo, or should I say that we LOVED White Sands. My son has a Zen garden that he made with the sand that "accidentally" came home in shoes and pockets:)

Katy said...

When I was a child I had a whole sandbox filled with White Sand! It was awesome because it sticks together so well! I am sure that it all came home accidentally as well:-)
It is funny, it is illegal to take the sand from the park, but when the wind picks up it blows all over the whole valley. Most of the dust in our houses is actually White Sand!

piscesgrrl said...

Hey, thx for tagging me! I can't promise I'll get around to it (*grin*), as I'm kinda bad about doing memes... I always have good intentions, but don't always get it done. But I like reading them on others' blogs! I'm glad you commented - it's been a while since we've connected! I tried to log onto myspace to comment you but it wouldn't let me. A Christmas cyberbug? Hope you have/had a great holiday! Ours was FULL and I'm off to bed, I'm pooped!

Warmly,
Laura